Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Upcycled Project

A while back a neighbor was remodeling his house and replacing his doors. I looked out my door and saw all the doors with glass door knobs laying in the lawn. I couldn't believe that he would throw them out so I asked him if I could have the knobs - one day he came to the door with them.

The knobs sat in my basement for quite some time. I knew that I wanted to put them on a board so I could hang things, but I wasn't sure how to accomplish that. I came across Becky from Charis Notes and Gifts on Facebook and asked if she would help me with this project. I gave her the knobs - she had a cabinet door that was painted. She asked me if I wanted the sign to say anything - I immediately thought this may be nice piece for the knitting studio - so I asked her to paint Knit & Purl on it.

I found a great pattern to make hanging bags. Here is the sign that hangs in our knitting studio. The bags hold buttons that I frequently use - so it is a functional piece.


Thank you Becky for making this wonderful work of art for us! 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this and for the shout out! I love the chance to work with other creatives to make things!
    Becky

    www.facebook.com/charisnotesandgifts
    www.etsy.com/shop/charisnotesandgifts

    ReplyDelete