Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn

One of my all-time favorite yarn brands is Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick.


 I have made hats, cowls and recently this great purse.



This is a thicker yarn where you use bigger sized needles so the projects work up very quickly and the result is always wonderful! I have never been disappointed by this yarn.

The first set up pictures I am going to show you is the button hat. I use vintage as well as new buttons - the only thing is these buttons need to be big to make a statement. This hat is very warm and covers your ears well.











































The next two hats I am going to show you is done with a great cable. It also has a nice brim that can be folded up or pulled down for extra warmth.  Everyone looks great in this hat ... even me who looks horrible in hats.











































Now I am going to show you several cowls. In case you don't know what a cowl is - it is a round scarf that you pull over your head. Bigger cowls are called infinity scarves which has no beginning and no end. Most cowls and infinity scarves are knitted using a circular needle.




















I hope you enjoyed this little fashion show.
Tomorrow I will share with you some projects using another of my favorites - cotton yarn.



No comments:

Post a Comment