Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Trash to Treasure

Your trash could be someone someone elses treasure. We've all heard that old saying.
Instead of throwing something away ... you could find another way to use it.

Pictured below is a yarn bombed crock. I have four of these crocks sitting in my basement. I can't remember how I got them ... but I did and they are in good shape. So this crock is going to be used to store things in our knitting studio.


This technique gives the crock a textured look. Donna crocheted around this crock with tweed yarn. I have some t-shirt yarn that will match the bathroom I just had renovated. We will have to get on that project real soon.

Take a look at this. One of my Facebook friends sent this to me. It is a sweater made into a pet bed. I think this is a great idea for sweaters that have seen better days.
We have four days and counting to the McClure Ave Yard Sale. I hope we are inspiring you to come to the sale and finding some treasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment