Friday, March 10, 2017

Winter Knitting

So I haven't blogged much recently. 
We were settling in for our winter knitting I guess.
 Take a look at some things that we made this winter.

For some afghans come to mind during the winter.

This Steeler afghan was made for a neighbor. 
She had the yarn and wanted someone to make an afghan for her. 
Donna crocheted one for her.


I made this afghan for a colleague at work. 
She wanted an afghan made in navy and cream colored yarn. 
It was made in panels and sewn together.

Hats and mittens are other things that come to mind in the winter.


This hat was made for our friend Maggie. 
For Maggie "More is More." 
So instead of one flower she wanted a cluster of three flowers.


A Swissvale Farmers Market customer contacted us about making this gray flower hat for her Mom.


Another neighbor asked us to make her mittens using cranberry colored yarn. 

I even thought of myself this winter. 
I made a kerchief wrap using Caron Cakes Yarn. 
I have been really excited to make something using this yarn. 
I wasn't disappointed!



The last week of 2016 I made these candle wraps. 
It was my intention to have a different color for every month - orders got in the way and I didn't follow through. 
Thank heavens I made them using a neutral color so we can enjoy them all year.


Stay tuned for what we will be up to this spring and summer!

2 comments: